Naveen Jindal School of Management
Bachelor of Science in Business Administration and Biology (Double Major)
Degree Requirements (140-141 hours)1
I. Core Curriculum Requirements2: 42 hours
Communication (6 hours)
3 hours Communication (RHET 1302)
3 hours Communication Elective (BCOM 3311)
Social and Behavioral Sciences (15 hours)
6 hours Government (GOVT 2301 and 2302)
6 hours American History
3 hours Social and Behavioral Sciences Elective (ECON 2301)
Humanities and Fine Arts (6 hours)
3 hours Fine Arts (ARTS 1301)
3 hours Humanities (HUMA 1301)
Mathematics and Quantitative Reasoning (6 hours)
Science (9 hours)
II. Major Requirements: 86 hours
Business Major Preparatory Courses (15 hours beyond Core Curriculum)
BA 3100 Professional Development
Business Core Courses (27 hours)
BCOM 4350 Advanced Business Communications
FIN 3320 Business Finance
MIS 3300 Introduction to Management Information Systems
OPRE 3310 Operations Management
OBHR 3310 Organizational Behavior
MKT 3300 Principles of Marketing
BPS 4305 Strategic Management
IMS 3310 International Business
STAT 3360 Probability and Statistics for Management and Economics
or STAT 3332 Statistics for Life Sciences
or OPRE 3360 Managerial Decision Making under Uncertainty
Biology Major Preparatory Courses (15 hours beyond Core Curriculum)
Biology Core Courses (29 hours)
BIOL 3101 Classical and Molecular Genetics Workshop
BIOL 3102 Eukaryotic Molecular and Cell Biology Workshop
BIOL 3161 Biochemistry Workshop I
BIOL 3162 Biochemistry Workshop II
BIOL 3301 Classical and Molecular Genetics
BIOL 3302 Eukaryotic Molecular and Cell Biology
BIOL 3361 Biochemistry I
BIOL 3362 Biochemistry II
or BIOL 3335 Microbial Physiology
BIOL 3380 Biochemistry Laboratory
III. Elective Requirements: 12 hours
All students are required to take at least six hours of Advanced Electives outside their major field of study. These must be either upper-division classes or lower-division classes that have prerequisites. These are satisfied with CHEM 2323 and CHEM 2325 counted under Major Preparatory Courses above.
Guided Electives (12 hours)
Business: (9 hours) to be selected from any upper-level JSOM course. If qualified, the student may select from JSOM graduate courses.
Biology: (3 hours) BIOL 4380 Cell and Molecular Biology Laboratory or approved upper-level biology course.
1. Degree is 141 hours if students are required to take BA 1100.
2. Curriculum Requirements can be fulfilled by other approved courses from accredited institutions of higher education. The courses listed in parentheses are recommended as the most efficient way to satisfy both Core Curriculum and Major Requirements at UT Dallas.
3. Indicates a prerequisite class to be completed before enrolling for upper-division classes.
4. A required Major course that also fulfills a Core Curriculum requirement. Hours are counted in Core Curriculum.
5. Students may substitute MATH 2418 or CS 2305.
6. Students may substitute MATH 2413 and MATH 2414 by taking MATH 2417 and MATH 2419.