School of Economic, Political and Policy Sciences
Bachelor of Science in Economics and Finance (Double Major) with an emphasis in CFA®
Degree Requirements (132 semester credit hours)1
I. Core Curriculum Requirements2: 42 semester credit hours
Communication (6 semester credit hours)
Social and Behavioral Sciences (15 semester credit hours)
Humanities and Fine Arts (6 semester credit hours)
Mathematics and Quantitative Reasoning (6 semester credit hours)4
Science (9 semester credit hours including at least one course with a substantial laboratory component)
II. Major Requirements: 66 semester credit hours
Major Preparatory Courses (18 semester credit hours)
Major Core Courses (48 semester credit hours)
III. Elective Requirements: 24 semester credit hours
- Degree is 133 semester credit hours if student is required to take EPPS 1110.
- Curriculum Requirements can be fulfilled by other approved courses from accredited institutions of higher education. The courses listed in parentheses are recommended as the most efficient way to satisfy both Core Curriculum and Major Requirements at UT Dallas.
- A Major requirement that also fulfills a Core Curriculum requirement. Semester credit hours are counted in Core Curriculum.
- These semester credit hours are counted under Mathematics Core; students may substitute MATH 2313 and MATH 2414 or MATH 2417 and MATH 2419.
- Indicates a prerequisite class to be completed before enrolling for upper-division classes in Economics and Finance.
- Students may substitute MATH 2418, OPRE 3333 or CS 2305.