Naveen Jindal School of Management
Bachelor of Science in Accounting
Degree Requirements (120 semester credit hours)
I. Core Curriculum Requirements1: 42 semester credit hours
Communication (6 semester credit hours)
Social and Behavioral Sciences (15 semester credit hours)
Humanities and Fine Arts (6 semester credit hours)
Mathematics and Quantitative Reasoning (6 semester credit hours)
Science (9 semester credit hours including at least one course with a substantial laboratory component)
II. Major Requirements: 72 semester credit hours
Major Preparatory Courses (18 semester credit hours)
Major Core Courses (25 semester credit hours)
Major Related Courses (18 semester credit hours)
Guided Electives (11 semester credit hours)
Electives may be any undergraduate chosen from a list of courses approved by the Director of Accounting Programs.
Students wishing to fast-track into the graduate program in accounting may take up to six semester credit hours of graduate ACCT electives.
III. Elective Requirements: 6 semester credit hours
Advanced Electives (6 semester credit hours)
All students are required to take at least six semester credit hours of Advanced Electives outside their major field of study. These must be either upper-division classes or lower-division classes that have prerequisites. Six semester credit hours may be satisfied with OPRE 3333/MATH 2333 and OPRE 3360/STAT 3360 counted under Major Preparatory courses.
Free Electives (6 semester credit hours)
Both lower- and upper-division courses may count as electives but students must complete at least 51 semester credit hours of upper-division credit to qualify for graduation. JSOM freshman are required to take BA 1100 Business Basics.
- Curriculum Requirements can be fulfilled by other approved courses from accredited institutions of higher education. The courses listed in parentheses are recommended as the most efficient way to satisfy both Core Curriculum and Major Requirements at UT Dallas.
- Indicates a prerequisite class to be completed before enrolling for upper-division classes.
- A required Major course that also fulfills a Core Curriculum requirement. Semester credit hours are counted in Core Curriculum.
- These semester credit hours are counted under Mathematics Core above; students may substitute MATH 2413 and MATH 2414 or MATH 2417 and MATH 2419.
- Students may substitute MATH 2418 or CS 2305.