School of Economic, Political and Policy Sciences
Bachelor of Arts in Criminology and Biology (Double Major)
Degree Requirements (128-130 semester credit hours)
I. Core Curriculum Requirements1: 42 semester credit hours
Communication (6 semester credit hours)
Social and Behavioral Sciences (15 semester credit hours)
Humanities and Fine Arts (6 semester credit hours)
Science (9 semester credit hours)
II. Major Requirements: 71-73 semester credit hours
Criminology Major Preparatory Course (No semester credit hours beyond Core Curriculum)
Criminology Core Courses (24 semester credit hours)
Biology Major Preparatory Courses (15-17 semester credit hours beyond Core Curriculum)
Biology Major Core Courses (32 semester credit hours)
III. Elective Requirements: 15 semester credit hours
All students are required to take at least six semester credit hours of advanced electives outside their major field of study. These must be either upper-division classes or lower-division classes that have prerequisites. These may be satisfied with CHEM 2323 and 2325, counted under Major Preparatory Courses.
Guided Electives (15 semester credit hours)
Biology (6 semester credit hours): BIOL 4380 Cell and Molecular Biology Laboratory
Criminology Related Electives (9 semester credit hours)
All students must complete at least 51 semester credit hours of upper-division credit to graduate.
- Curriculum Requirements can be fulfilled by other approved courses from accredited institutions of higher education. The courses listed in parenthesis are recommended as the most efficient way to satisfy both Core Curriculum and Major requirements at UT Dallas.
- Double majors may choose CRIM 3300, BIOL 4337, BIOL 4390, BIOL 4391, BIOL 4398, BIOL 4399, PSCI 3325, NATS 4310 or another approved Biology elective to fulfill the Core Curriculum Communication Elective.
- A required Major course that also fulfills a Core Curriculum requirement. Semester credit hours are counted in Core Curriculum.
- Six semester credit hours of Calculus are counted under Mathematics Core, and 2 semester credit hours of Calculus are counted as Major Preparatory Courses.
- Indicates a prerequisite class to be completed before enrolling for upper-division classes.