Naveen Jindal School of Management
Bachelor of Science in Finance and Economics (Double Major) with an emphasis in CFA®
Degree Requirements (132 hours)1
I. Core Curriculum Requirements2: 42 hours
Communication (6 hours)
Social and Behavioral Sciences (15 hours)
Mathematics and Quantitative Reasoning (6 hours)4
Science (9 hours including at least one course with a substantial laboratory component)
II. Major Requirements: 66 hours
Major Preparatory Courses (18 hours)
- ACCT 23015 Introductory Financial Accounting
- ACCT 23025 Introductory Management Accounting
- BLAW 23015 Business and Public Law
- ECON 23015 Principles of Macroeconomics3
- ECON 23025 Principles of Microeconomics
- MATH 13255 Applied Calculus I3, 4
- MATH 13265 Applied Calculus II3, 4
- MATH 23335 Matrices, Vectors and Their Application6
Major Core Courses (48 hours)
- FIN 3100 Professional Development
- BCOM 33115 Business Communications3
- BCOM 4350 Advanced Business Communications
- FIN 3320 Business Finance
- MIS 3300 Introduction to Management Information Systems
- OPRE 3310 Operations Management
- OBHR 3310 Organizational Behavior
- MKT 3300 Principles of Marketing
- FIN 3390 Introduction to Financial Modeling
- BPS 4305 Strategic Management
- FIN 4300 Investment Management
- IMS 3310 International Business
- ECON 33105 Intermediate Microeconomic Theory
- ECON 33115 Intermediate Macroeconomic Theory
- ECON 4351 Mathematical Economics
- ECON 4355 Econometrics
- OPRE 3360 Managerial Methods in Decision Making Under Uncertainty
- or STAT 33605 Probability and Statistics for Management and Economics
- ACCT 3320 Financial Information Management
III. Elective Requirements: 24 hours
- Degree is 133 hours if student is required to take BA 1100.
- Curriculum Requirements can be fulfilled by other approved courses from accredited institutions of higher education. The courses listed in parentheses are recommended as the most efficient way to satisfy both Core Curriculum and Major Requirements at UT Dallas.
- A Major requirement that also fulfills a Core Curriculum requirement. Hours are counted in Core Curriculum.
- These hours are counted under Mathematics Core; students may substitute MATH 2313 and MATH 2414 or MATH 2417 and MATH 2419.
- Indicates a prerequisite class to be completed before enrolling for upper-division classes in Economics and Finance.
- Students may substitute MATH 2418, OPRE 3333 or CS 2305.