Naveen Jindal School of Management
Bachelor of Science in Finance and Economics (Double Major) with an emphasis in CFA®
Degree Requirements (132 hours)1
I. Core Curriculum Requirements2: 42 hours
Communication (6 hours)
3 hours Communication (RHET 1302)
3 hours Communication Elective (BCOM 3311)
Social and Behavioral Sciences (15 hours)
Humanities and Fine Arts (6 hours)
3 hours Fine Arts (ARTS 1301)
3 hours Humanities (HUMA 1301)
Mathematics and Quantitative Reasoning (6 hours)4
3 hours Mathematics (MATH 1325)
Science (9 hours including at least one course with a substantial laboratory component)
II. Major Requirements: 66 hours
Major Preparatory Courses (18 hours)
Major Core Courses (48 hours)
FIN 3100 Professional Development
BCOM 4350 Advanced Business Communications
FIN 3320 Business Finance
MIS 3300 Introduction to Management Information Systems
OPRE 3310 Operations Management
OBHR 3310 Organizational Behavior
MKT 3300 Principles of Marketing
FIN 3390 Introduction to Financial Modeling
BPS 4305 Strategic Management
FIN 4300 Investment Management
IMS 3310 International Business
ECON 4351 Mathematical Economics
ECON 4355 Econometrics
OPRE 3360 Managerial Methods in Decision Making Under Uncertainty
ACCT 3320 Financial Information Management
III. Elective Requirements: 24 hours
1. Degree is 133 hours if student is required to take BA 1100.
2. Curriculum Requirements can be fulfilled by other approved courses from accredited institutions of higher education. The courses listed in parentheses are recommended as the most efficient way to satisfy both Core Curriculum and Major Requirements at UT Dallas.
3. A Major requirement that also fulfills a Core Curriculum requirement. Hours are counted in Core Curriculum.
4. These hours are counted under Mathematics Core; students may substitute MATH 2313 and MATH 2414 or MATH 2417 and MATH 2419.
5. Indicates a prerequisite class to be completed before enrolling for upper-division classes in Economics and Finance.
6. Students may substitute MATH 2418, OPRE 3333 or CS 2305.