School of Natural Sciences and Mathematics
Biology and Business Administration (B.S.)
Professors: Lee A. Bulla, Santosh D'Mello, Rockford K. Draper, Juan González, Steven R. Goodman, Donald M. Gray, Stephen D. Levene, Lawrence J. Reitzer, Li Zhang, Stephen Sprio, Michael Q. Zhang
Associate Professors: Gail A.M. Breen, John G. Burr, Jeff L. DeJong, Ernest M. Hannig, Dennis L. Miller
Assistant Professors: Tianbing Xia, Zhenyu Xuan, Hyuntae Yoo
Professor Emeritus: Hans Bremer, Claud S. Rupert
Senior Lecturers: Irina Borovkov, Mehmet Candas, Vincent P. Cirillo, Wen-ju Lin, Robert C. Marsh, David Murchison, Elizabeth Pickett, Ruben D. Ramirez, Scott A. Rippel, Ilya Sapozhnikov, Wen-Ho Yu
Bachelor of Science in Biology and Business Administration (Double Major)
Degree Requirements (140-141 semester credit hours)1
I. Core Curriculum Requirements2: 42 semester credit hours
Communication (6 semester credit hours)
Social and Behavioral Sciences (15 semester credit hours)
Humanities and Fine Arts (6 semester credit hours)
Mathematics and Quantitative Reasoning (6 semester credit hours)
Science (9 semester credit hours)
II. Major Requirements: 86 semester credit hours
Biology Major Preparatory Courses (15-17 semester credit hours beyond Core Curriculum)
Biology Major Core Courses (29 semester credit hours)
Business Administration Major Preparatory Courses (15 semester credit hours beyond Core Curriculum)
Business Administration Core Courses (27 semester credit hours)
III. Elective Requirements: 12 semester credit hours
All students are required to take at least six semester credit hours of advanced electives outside their major field of study. These must be either upper-division classes or lower-division classes that have prerequisites. These may be satisfied with CHEM 2323 and 2325, counted under Major Preparatory Courses.
Guided Electives (12 semester credit hours)
Business (9 semester credit hours): To be selected from any upper-level JSOM courses. If qualified, the student may select from JSOM graduate courses.
Biology (3 semester credit hours): BIOL 4380 Cell and Molecular Biology Laboratory must be taken for the Biology elective.
- Degree is 141 semester credit hours if students are required to take NATS 1101.
- Curriculum Requirements can be fulfilled by other approved courses from accredited institutions of higher education. The courses listed in parentheses are recommended as the most efficient way to satisfy both Core Curriculum and Major requirements at UT Dallas.
- A required Major course that also fulfills a Core Curriculum requirement. Semester credit hours are counted in Core Curriculum.
- Six semester credit hours of Calculus are counted under Mathematics Core, and 2 semester credit hours of Calculus are counted as Major Preparatory Courses.
- Indicates a prerequisite class to be completed before enrolling for upper-division classes.
- Students may substitute MATH 2413 and MATH 2414 by taking MATH 2417 and MATH 2419.