Naveen Jindal School of Management
Bachelor of Science in Business Administration and Biology (Double Major)
Degree Requirements (140-141 hours)1
I. Core Curriculum Requirements2: 42 hours
Communication (6 hours)
Social and Behavioral Sciences (15 hours)
II. Major Requirements: 86 hours
Business Major Preparatory Courses (15 hours beyond Core Curriculum)
- ACCT 23013 Introductory Financial Accounting
- ACCT 23023 Introductory Management Accounting
- BA 3100 Professional Development
- BLAW 23013 Business and Public Law
- ECON 23013 Principles of Macroeconomics4
- ECON 23023 Principles of Microeconomics
- OPRE 33333 Quantitative Business Analysis
- or MATH 23333 Matrices, Vectors, and Their Application5
Business Core Courses (27 hours)
- BCOM 3311 Business Communications4
- BCOM 4350 Advanced Business Communications
- FIN 3320 Business Finance
- MIS 3300 Introduction to Management Information Systems
- OPRE 3310 Operations Management
- OBHR 3310 Organizational Behavior
- MKT 3300 Principles of Marketing
- BPS 4305 Strategic Management
- IMS 3310 International Business
- STAT 3360 Probability and Statistics for Management and Economics
- or STAT 3332 Statistics for Life Sciences
- or OPRE 3360 Managerial Decision Making under Uncertainty
Biology Major Preparatory Courses (15 hours beyond Core Curriculum)
- CHEM 1111 General Chemistry Laboratory I4
- CHEM 1112 General Chemistry Laboratory II4
- CHEM 1311 General Chemistry I4
- CHEM 1312 General Chemistry II4
- CHEM 21233 Introductory Organic Chemistry Laboratory I
- CHEM 21253 Introductory Organic Chemistry Laboratory II
- CHEM 23233 Introductory Organic Chemistry I
- CHEM 23253 Introductory Organic Chemistry II
- MATH 2413 Differential Calculus and MATH 2414 Integral Calculus6
- PHYS 2325 and PHYS 2125 Mechanics with Laboratory
- PHYS 2326 and PHYS 2126 Electromagnetism and Waves with Laboratory
Biology Core Courses (29 hours)
- BIOL 21113 Introduction to Modern Biology Workshop I
- BIOL 21123 Introduction to Modern Biology Workshop II
- BIOL 22813 Introductory Biology Laboratory
- BIOL 23113 Introduction to Modern Biology I
- BIOL 23123 Introduction to Modern Biology II
- BIOL 3101 Classical and Molecular Genetics Workshop
- BIOL 3102 Eukaryotic Molecular and Cell Biology Workshop
- BIOL 3161 Biochemistry Workshop I
- BIOL 3162 Biochemistry Workshop II
- BIOL 3301 Classical and Molecular Genetics
- BIOL 3302 Eukaryotic Molecular and Cell Biology
- BIOL 3361 Biochemistry I
- BIOL 3362 Biochemistry II
- or BIOL 3335 Microbial Physiology
- BIOL 3380 Biochemistry Laboratory
III. Elective Requirements: 12 hours
All students are required to take at least six hours of Advanced Electives outside their major field of study. These must be either upper-division classes or lower-division classes that have prerequisites. These are satisfied with CHEM 2323 and CHEM 2325 counted under Major Preparatory Courses above.
Guided Electives (12 hours)
Business: (9 hours) to be selected from any upper-level JSOM course. If qualified, the student may select from JSOM graduate courses.
Biology: (3 hours) BIOL 4380 Cell and Molecular Biology Laboratory or approved upper-level biology course.
- Degree is 141 hours if students are required to take BA 1100.
- Curriculum Requirements can be fulfilled by other approved courses from accredited institutions of higher education. The courses listed in parentheses are recommended as the most efficient way to satisfy both Core Curriculum and Major Requirements at UT Dallas.
- Indicates a prerequisite class to be completed before enrolling for upper-division classes.
- A required Major course that also fulfills a Core Curriculum requirement. Hours are counted in Core Curriculum.
- Students may substitute MATH 2418 or CS 2305.
- Students may substitute MATH 2413 and MATH 2414 by taking MATH 2417 and MATH 2419.