Naveen Jindal School of Management
Bachelor of Science in Business Administration and Biology (Double Major)
Degree Requirements (140-141 semester credit hours)1
I. Core Curriculum Requirements2: 42 semester credit hours
Communication (6 semester credit hours)
Social and Behavioral Sciences (15 semester credit hours)
Humanities and Fine Arts (6 semester credit hours)
Mathematics and Quantitative Reasoning (6 semester credit hours)
Science (9 semester credit hours)
II. Major Requirements: 86 semester credit hours
Business Major Preparatory Courses (15 semester credit hours beyond Core Curriculum)
Business Core Courses (27 semester credit hours)
Biology Major Preparatory Courses (15 semester credit hours beyond Core Curriculum)
Biology Core Courses (29 semester credit hours)
III. Elective Requirements: 12 semester credit hours
All students are required to take at least six semester credit hours of Advanced Electives outside their major field of study. These must be either upper-division classes or lower-division classes that have prerequisites. These are satisfied with CHEM 2323 and CHEM 2325 counted under Major Preparatory Courses above.
Guided Electives (12 semester credit hours)
Business: (9 semester credit hours) to be selected from any upper-level JSOM course. If qualified, the student may select from JSOM graduate courses.
Biology: (3 semester credit hours) BIOL 4380 Cell and Molecular Biology Laboratory or approved upper-level biology course.
- Degree is 141 semester credit hours if students are required to take BA 1100.
- Curriculum Requirements can be fulfilled by other approved courses from accredited institutions of higher education. The courses listed in parentheses are recommended as the most efficient way to satisfy both Core Curriculum and Major Requirements at UT Dallas.
- Indicates a prerequisite class to be completed before enrolling for upper-division classes.
- A required Major course that also fulfills a Core Curriculum requirement. Semester credit hours are counted in Core Curriculum.
- Students may substitute MATH 2418 or CS 2305.
- Students may substitute MATH 2413 and MATH 2414 by taking MATH 2417 and MATH 2419.