Naveen Jindal School of Management
Bachelor of Science in Global Business
Degree Requirements (120 hours)
A minimum of 9 credit hours must be earned during a semester of study abroad. Any 9 credit hours from the degree plan may be chosen, however, students should be aware that study abroad courses are subject to a pre-approval process to ensure transferability.
I. Core Curriculum Requirements1: 42 hours
Communication (6 hours)
Social and Behavioral Sciences (15 hours)
Science (9 hours including at least one course with a substantial laboratory component)
II. Major Requirements: 72 hours
Major Preparatory Courses (18 hours)
- ACCT 23012 Introductory Financial Accounting
- ACCT 23022 Introductory Management Accounting
- BLAW 23012 Business and Public Law
- ECON 23012 Principles of Macroeconomics3
- ECON 23022 Principles of Microeconomics
- MATH 13252 Applied Calculus I3, 4
- MATH 13262 Applied Calculus II3, 4
- OPRE 33332 Quantitative Business Analysis
- or MATH 23332 Matrices, Vectors, and Their Application5
- STAT 3360 Probability and Statistics for Management and Economics
- or OPRE 3360 Managerial Decision Making under Uncertainty
Major Core Courses (25 hours)
- IMS 3100 Professional Development
- BCOM 3311 Business Communications3
- BCOM 4350 Advanced Business Communications
- FIN 3320 Business Finance
- MIS 3300 Introduction to Management Information Systems
- OPRE 3310 Operations Management
- OBHR 3310 Organizational Behavior
- MKT 3300 Principles of Marketing
- BPS 4305 Strategic Management
- IMS 3310 International Business
Major Related Courses (18 hours)
Guided Electives (11 hours)
Nine hours to be selected from IMS 4310, ENTP 4311, OBHR 4310, OBHR 4352, FIN 3350, OPRE 3320, IMS 4320, IMS 4334, IMS 3V9x series, IMS 4325, IMS 4V90, OPRE 4350, BA 4199, BA 4299, GEOG 3370, ECON 4366.
Students interested in an International Political Economy Track may choose from the following:
- ISSS 3349 World Resources and Development
- ISSS 4358 National and International Security
- GEOG 3372 Population and Development
- PSCI 4356 International Political Economy
- PSCI 4329 Global Politics
- PSCI 4347 The War on Drugs
- PSCI 4348 Terrorism
- GEOG 3359 Human Migration and Mobility: Global Patterns
- ISSS 4377 Alternative Approaches to National Security
- PSCI 4360 The Political Economy of Multinational Corporations
- PSCI 4359 Globalization and International Conflict
- PSCI 4332 Latin American Politics
- SOC 3336 Culture Regions
- GEOG 3382 Russia: Yesterday, Today, and Tomorrow
- SOC 3338 Japanese Culture and Society
III. Elective Requirements: 6 hours
Advanced Electives (6 hours)
All students are required to take at least six hours of advanced electives outside their major field of study. These must be either upper-division classes or lower-division classes that have prerequisites. This may be satisfied by six hours of the same foreign language (Three credit hours may be chosen from BCOM 3320, BCOM 3321, BCOM 3322, or BCOM 3323).
Free Electives (6 hours)
Both lower- and upper-division courses may count as electives but students must complete at least 51 hours of upper-division credit to qualify for graduation. JSOM freshman are required to take BA 1100 Business Basics.
- Curriculum Requirements can be fulfilled by other approved courses from accredited institutions of higher education. The courses listed in parentheses are recommended as the most efficient way to satisfy both Core Curriculum and Major Requirements at UT Dallas.
- Indicates a prerequisite class to be completed before enrolling for upper-division classes.
- A required Major course that also fulfills a Core Curriculum requirement. Hours are counted in Core Curriculum.
- Students may elect to substitute MATH 2413 and MATH 2414 or MATH 2417 and MATH 2419.
- Students may substitute MATH 2418 or CS 2305.