Undergraduate Policies and Procedures
Addendum - Temporary Exceptions for Spring 2020 due to Covid-19
Registration, Add, Drop Changes
- All undergraduate withdraws for spring 2020 were nonacademic. These nonacademic withdraws do not count towards the six-drop limit. These nonacademic withdraws were labeled as WC, "good cause" in adherence with The Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board administrative rules.
- Certain courses taught in summer or fall 2020 with instructor consent or prerequisite courses were allowed to proceed with adjustments to assist with enrollment.
- Admissions accepted unofficial transcripts to make admission decisions. Temporary exception remains in effect at time of 2020 online publication, May 27, 2020.
- TOEFL/English Language Proficiency requirement may be met by alternative means. Temporary exception remains in effect at time of 2020 online publication, May 27, 2020.
- For fall 2020 freshmen and international transfer applicants, the application deadline changed from May 1, 2020 to July 1, 2020.
- Transfer Credit
- Courses that received a passing grade (in courses with a pass/fail or equivalent grading notation) during the spring 2020 semester according to their institution's official transcript or catalog definition will be awarded credit.
- Commencement activities (including Doctoral Hooding and Honors Convocation) were cancelled for spring 2020. The spring 2020 conferral date remained intact.
- A 2020 candidate for graduation whose study was disrupted by COVID-19 resulting in an incomplete will be allowed to graduate in the term of the incomplete when completed.
- Waiver for Latin Honors Requirement:
- Grants an exception to waive the requirement of 45 graded semester credit hours for students who elected the CR/NC option in spring 2020. Applicable only to identified students who may not qualify for graduation without this exception.
- The waiver may be applied to future graduates depending on the students' degree requirements.
- Latin honors calculation will exclude spring 2020 grade point average data from future calculations.
- Incomplete Grading
- Suspension of these requirements:
- "At least 70% of the required course material but cannot complete all requirements by the end of the semester"
- "An incomplete course grade (grade of 'I') must be completed within the time period specified by the instructor, not to exceed eight weeks from the first day of the subsequent long semester"
- Instructors must still specify the time period by which an incomplete must be cleared to convert the "I" to a letter grade. If the letter grade is not removed by the end of the specified period, then it will automatically be changed to F.
- Credit/No Credit Grading
- The deadline for undergraduate students to elect a course to be graded credit/no credit was extended from Census Day of the spring term to 4/30/2020 at 11:59pm.
- Suspension of this requirement:
- Limit of 12 hours or 20% of UT Dallas upper-division coursework, whichever is smaller.
- Dean's List
- The Dean's List calculation and transcript notation were suspended for spring 2020.
- Academic Standing/Disciplinary Status Overview
- For spring 2020, students who did not meet the necessary criteria for their current academic status will remain in their current academic status without change in enrollment.
Commencement and Graduation Requirements
Undergraduate Student Recognition and Academic Standing
Updated: 2020-05-26 18:06:14 v8.29e5c2