Naveen Jindal School of Management
Supply Chain Management (BS)
Bachelor of Science in Supply Chain Management
Professors: Alain Bensoussan @axb046100, Metín Çakanyildirim @metin, Milind Dawande @milind, Dorothée Honhon @dbh130130, Ganesh Janakiraman @gxj091000, Elena Katok @emk120030, Özalp Özer @oxo091000, Suresh P. Sethi @sethi, Kathryn E. Stecke @kes021000
Associate Professor: Bin Hu @bxh180009, Anyan Qi @axq140430, Serdar Simsek @axs158032, Shouqiang Wang @sxw163830
Assistant Professors: Soraya Fatehi @sxf200005, Andrew Frazelle @aef180002, Ignacio Rios Uribe @iar200000, Ashwin Venkataraman @axv190029, Guihua Wang @gxw130630
Professor Emeritus: John J. Wiorkowski @wiorkow
Clinical Professors: Sonia Leach @sel120030, Divakar Rajamani @dxr020100, Kannan Ramanathan @kxr087000
Clinical Associate Professors: Shawn Alborz @sxa063000, Avanti P. Sethi @asethi, Ramesh Subramoniam @rxs179630, Aysegul Toptal @axt083100, David Widdifield @dsw180001
Clinical Assistant Professor: Athena Alimirzaei @axa134231
Associate Professors of Instruction: Monica E. Brussolo @meb049000, Mohammad Naseri Taheri @mxn121930
Assistant Professors of Instruction: Negin Enayaty Ahangar @nxe180001, Rasoul Ramezani @rxr145930
Associate Professor of Practice: David Parks @dxp153830
Assistant Professor of Practice: Khatereh Ahadi @kxa180010
I. Core Curriculum Requirements: 42 semester credit hours2
Communication: 6 semester credit hours
Select any 6 semester credit hours from Communication Core courses (see advisor)
Mathematics: 3 semester credit hours
Or select any 3 semester credit hours from Mathematics Core courses (see advisor)
Life and Physical Sciences: 6 semester credit hours
Select any 6 semester credit hours from Life and Physical Sciences Core courses (see advisor and degree requirements)
Language, Philosophy and Culture: 3 semester credit hours
Select any 3 semester credit hours from Language, Philosophy and Culture Core courses (see advisor)
Creative Arts: 3 semester credit hours
Select any 3 semester credit hours from Creative Arts Core courses (see advisor)
American History: 6 semester credit hours
Select any 6 semester credit hours from American History Core courses (see advisor)
Government/Political Science: 6 semester credit hours
GOVT 2305 American National Government
GOVT 2306 State and Local Government
Or select any 6 semester credit hours from Government/Political Science Core courses (see advisor)
Social and Behavioral Sciences: 3 semester credit hours
Choose one of the following:7
Or select any 3 semester credit hours from Social and Behavioral Sciences Core courses (see advisor)
Component Area Option: 6 semester credit hours
Choose two of the following:7
Or select any 6 semester credit hours from Component Area Option Core courses (see advisor)
II. Major Requirements: 72-75 semester credit hours
Major Preparatory Courses: 15-18 semester credit hours beyond Core Curriculum7
OPRE 3360 Managerial Methods in Decision Making Under Uncertainty
or STAT 3360 Probability and Statistics for Management and Economics
Choose two of the following:7
Major Core Courses: 24 semester credit hours
BCOM 4300 Managing Communications in Business
IMS 3310 International Business
FIN 3320 Business Finance
ITSS 3300 Information Technology for Business
OPRE 3310 Operations Management
OBHR 3330 Introduction to Human Resource Management
or OBHR 3310 Organizational Behavior
MKT 3300 Principles of Marketing
Major Related Courses: 21 semester credit hours
OPRE 4395 Capstone Senior Project - Supply Chain Management
or BPS 4395 Capstone Senior Project - Business
or ENTP 4395 Capstone Senior Project - Entrepreneurship
Choose six courses from the following seven courses:10
OPRE 3320 Integrated Supply Chain Management
OPRE 3330 Project Management
OPRE 4310 Lean and Six Sigma Processes
OPRE 4320 Integrated SCM Information Systems
OPRE 4330 Global Logistics and Inventory Management
OPRE 4340 Purchasing and Sourcing Management
Guided Electives: 12 semester credit hours
A practicum experience (internship) of at least 160 working hours is required; the student has the option of zero to 3 semester credit hours, depending on the particular internship, and preference for additional electives.
OPRE 4V90 Supply Chain Management Internship
OPRE 4090 Supply Chain Management Internship
BA 4090 Management Internship
A community engagement experience is required; the student has the option of zero or 3 semester credit hours, depending on the particular experience, and preference for additional electives.
IMS 4335 Social Sector Entrepreneurship and Community Engagement
or ENTP 4340 Social Sector Entrepreneurship and Community Engagement
or MKT 4360 Social Impact Marketing
or BA 4095 Social Sector Engagement and Community Outreach Practicum
The BS SCM degree program offers students the opportunity to focus in a specific track to obtain in-depth knowledge in a specific business area depending on their interests.
Students will choose at least 9 semester credit hours from one of the following tracks. Any remaining Guided Elective hours may be used toward the required internship and community engagement experience.
A. Digital Supply Chain Management Track
OPRE 4350 Spreadsheet Modeling and Analytics
OPRE 4357 Supply Chain Analytics
ITSS 4340 Enterprise Resource Planning
MKT 4330 Digital and Internet Marketing
B. Project Management and Leadership Track
MKT 3330 Introduction to Professional Selling
OBHR 4352 Negotiation and Dispute Resolution
MKT 3320 Product and Brand Management
OPRE 4355 Operations Management in the Healthcare Sector
C. Global Supply Chains and Strategy Track
OPRE 4345 Retail Operations
IMS 4310 Export Market Development
BPS 4305 Strategic Management
D. General Track
Any of the courses listed in Tracks A, B, or C, or any OPRE upper-division courses that are not part of the BS SCM major preparatory, major core, or not used in major related courses, may be used to satisfy the required hours of guided elective credit. At least 6 of the 12 semester credit hours used in the General Track must have an OPRE prefix.
The courses listed above can satisfy guided elective requirements in prior BS SCM catalogs, as long as credit hours are not applied elsewhere on degree plan.
Three semester credit hours of equivalent or similar upper-level courses, not applied as credit hours elsewhere on degree plan, may be used to fulfill a guided elective with advance written permission from the BS SCM Program Director.
Note: Course prerequisites must be met.
III. Elective Requirements: 3-6 semester credit hours
Free Electives: 3-6 semester credit hours
Both lower- and upper-division courses may count as electives but students must complete at least 51 semester credit hours of upper-division courses to qualify for graduation.
1. Incoming freshmen must enroll and complete requirements of UNIV 1010 and the corresponding school-related freshman seminar course. Students, including transfer students, who complete their core curriculum at UT Dallas must take UNIV 2020.
2. Curriculum Requirements can be fulfilled by other approved courses from institutions of higher education. The courses listed are recommended as the most efficient way to satisfy both Core Curriculum and Major Requirements at UT Dallas.
3. Indicates a prerequisite class to be completed before enrolling for upper-division classes.
4. A required Major course that also fulfills a Core Curriculum requirement. Semester credit hours are counted in Core Curriculum.
5. Students may elect to substitute MATH 2413 or MATH 2417 for MATH 1325. Students may elect to substitute MATH 2414 or MATH 2419 for MATH 1326.
6. In order to make timely degree progress, students should complete MATH 1325 or its equivalent by the end of their first semester at UT Dallas. Students who will not meet this requirement should contact their academic advisor to discuss their degree timeline.
7. Certain courses listed are prerequisites for major core, major concentration, or major related courses. Choose accordingly.
8. Students may substitute MATH 2418 or CS 2305.
9. JSOM first-time-in-college freshmen are required to take BCOM 1300 in their first semester. Transfer students and students new to JSOM are required to take BCOM 3300 in their first semester.
10. Can be used to fulfill guided elective hours in General Track if not counted as a Major Related Course.
11. OPRE 4362 can be used to fulfill guided elective credit hours in Global Supply Chains and Strategy Track or in General Track if not counted as a Major Related Course.