Naveen Jindal School of Management
Bachelor of Science in Marketing
Professors: Ashiq Ali @axa042200, Sanjay Jain @sxj164830, Dmitri Kuksov @dgk120030, Nanda Kumar @nkumar, Seung-Hyun Lee @sxl029100, Syam Menon @sxm021300, B. P. S. Murthi @murthi, Ram C. Rao @rrao, Brian Ratchford @btr051000, Ying Xie @yxx124930
Associate Professors: Harpreet Singh @hxs104000, Upender Subramanian @uxs092000
Assistant Professors: Khai Chiong @kxc173030, Joonhwi Joo @jxj180020, Tongil Kim @txk200012, Samir Mamadehussene @sxm200118, Radha Mookerjee @rvm019000, Shervin Tehrani @sst180003, Zhe (James) Zhang @zxz145430
Clinical Professors: Abhijit Biswas @axb019100, Howard Dover @hfd021000, William Hefley @weh150130, Sonia Leach @sel120030, Daniel Rajaratnam @dxr143430, Kannan Ramanathan @kxr087000, Mark Thouin @mxt083000, Fang Wu @fxw052000, Laurie L. Ziegler @ziegler
Clinical Associate Professors: Carolyn Reichert @carolyn, Avanti P. Sethi @asethi
Clinical Assistant Professors: Moran Blueshtein @mxb135230, Judd Bradbury @jdb101000, Parneet Pahwa @pxp030100
Professor of Instruction: Semiramis Amirpour @sxa130731
Associate Professors of Instruction: Monica E. Brussolo @meb049000, Maria Hasenhuttl @h1562
Assistant Professor of Instruction: Julie Haworth @haworth
Professors of Practice: Alexander Edsel @ade012000, Charles Haseman @cxh180018
Senior Lecturer: Guido Tirone @gxt170001
I. Core Curriculum Requirements: 42 semester credit hours2
Communication: 6 semester credit hours
Select any 6 semester credit hours from Communication Core courses (see advisor)
Mathematics: 3 semester credit hours
Or select any 3 semester credit hours from Mathematics Core courses (see advisor)
Life and Physical Sciences: 6 semester credit hours
Select any 6 semester credit hours from Life and Physical Sciences Core courses (see advisor and degree requirements)
Language, Philosophy and Culture: 3 semester credit hours
Select any 3 semester credit hours from Language, Philosophy and Culture Core courses (see advisor)
Creative Arts: 3 semester credit hours
Select any 3 semester credit hours from Creative Arts Core courses (see advisor)
American History: 6 semester credit hours
Select any 6 semester credit hours from American History Core courses (see advisor)
Government/Political Science: 6 semester credit hours
GOVT 2305 American National Government
GOVT 2306 State and Local Government
Or select any 6 semester credit hours from Government/Political Science Core courses (see advisor)
Social and Behavioral Sciences: 3 semester credit hours
Choose one of the following:7
Or select any 3 semester credit hours from Social and Behavioral Sciences Core courses (see advisor)
Component Area Option: 6 semester credit hours
Choose two of the following:7
Or select any 6 semester credit hours from Component Area Option Core courses (see advisor)
II. Major Requirements: 60 semester credit hours
Major Preparatory Courses: 12 semester credit hours beyond Core Curriculum7
OPRE 3360 Managerial Methods in Decision Making Under Uncertainty
or STAT 3360 Probability and Statistics for Management and Economics
Choose two of the following:7
Major Core Courses: 24 semester credit hours
BCOM 4300 Managing Communications in Business
IMS 3310 International Business
FIN 3320 Business Finance
ITSS 3300 Information Technology for Business
OPRE 3310 Operations Management
OBHR 3330 Introduction to Human Resource Management
or OBHR 3310 Organizational Behavior
MKT 3300 Principles of Marketing
Major Related Courses: 12 semester credit hours
MKT 3340 Marketing Research
MKT 4330 Digital and Internet Marketing
MKT 3330 Introduction to Professional Selling
MKT 4395 Capstone Senior Project - Marketing
or ENTP 3320 Start-up Launch I
or BPS 4395 Capstone Senior Project - Business
or ENTP 4395 Capstone Senior Project - Entrepreneurship
Guided Electives: 12 semester credit hours
A practicum experience of at least 160 working hours is required; the student has the option of zero to 3 semester credit hours, depending on the particular internship, and preference for additional electives.
MKT 4090 Marketing Internship
BA 4090 Management Internship
A community engagement experience is required; the student has the option of zero or 3 semester credit hours, depending on the particular experience, and preference for additional electives.
IMS 4335 Social Sector Entrepreneurship and Community Engagement
or ENTP 4340 Social Sector Entrepreneurship and Community Engagement
or MKT 4360 Social Impact Marketing
or BA 4095 Social Sector Engagement and Community Outreach Practicum
Choose from the following to fulfill remaining Guided Elective semester credit hours:
Nine to twelve semester credit hours to be selected from:10
MKT 3320 Product and Brand Management
MKT 3331 Principles of Category Management
MKT 4331 Digital Prospecting
MKT 4332 Advanced Professional Sales
MKT 4333 Retailing and Distribution
MKT 4334 Social Media Marketing
MKT 4335 Category Buying
MKT 4336 E-Retailing
MKT 4337 Marketing Analytics
MKT 4338 Marketing Content Creation
MKT 4339 Marketing Creative Skills and Testing
MKT 4340 Consumer Behavior
MKT 4341 Predictive Analytics
MKT 4350 Advertising
MKT 4360 Social Impact Marketing
MKT 4370 Marketing Projects
MKT 4390 Advanced Marketing Analytics
MKT 4V83 Individual Study in Marketing
MKT 4V90 Marketing Internship
MKT 4V93 Seminar Series in Marketing
Up to 3 semester credit hours may be selected from:
ENTP 3301 Innovation and Entrepreneurship
ENTP 4311 Entrepreneurial Strategy and Business Models
ENTP 4340 Social Sector Entrepreneurship and Community Engagement
IMS 4310 Export Market Development
Course prerequisites must be met.
III. Elective Requirements: 18 semester credit hours
Free Electives: 18 semester credit hours
Both lower- and upper-division courses may count as electives but students must complete at least 51 semester credit hours of upper-division courses to qualify for graduation.
1. Incoming freshmen must enroll and complete requirements of UNIV 1010 and the corresponding school-related freshman seminar course. Students, including transfer students, who complete their core curriculum at UT Dallas must take UNIV 2020.
2. Curriculum Requirements can be fulfilled by other approved courses from institutions of higher education. The courses listed are recommended as the most efficient way to satisfy both Core Curriculum and Major Requirements at UT Dallas.
3. Indicates a prerequisite class to be completed before enrolling for upper-division classes.
4. A required Major course that also fulfills a Core Curriculum requirement. Semester credit hours are counted in Core Curriculum.
5. Students may elect to substitute MATH 2413 or MATH 2417.
6. In order to make timely degree progress, students should complete MATH 1325 or its equivalent by the end of their first semester at UT Dallas. Students who will not meet this requirement should contact their academic advisor to discuss their degree timeline.
7. Certain courses listed are prerequisites for major core, major concentration, or major related courses. Choose accordingly.
8. JSOM first-time-in-college freshmen are required to take BCOM 1300 in their first semester. Transfer students and students new to JSOM are required to take BCOM 3300 in their first semester.
9. MKT 4V90 will count as three semester credit hours in one of the Elective options.
10. Courses listed can be used to fulfill hours for Marketing Guided Electives if not already used elsewhere.