Naveen Jindal School of Management
Bachelor of Science in Marketing
Degree Requirements (120 hours)
I. Core Curriculum Requirements: 42 hours1
Communication (6 hours)
3 hours Communication (RHET 1302)
3 hours Communication Elective (BCOM 3311)
Social and Behavioral Sciences (15 hours)
6 hours American History
3 hours Social and Behavioral Science Elective (ECON 2301)
Humanities and Fine Arts (6 hours)
3 hours Fine Arts (ARTS 1301)
3 hours Humanities (HUMA 1301)
Mathematics and Quantitative Reasoning: (6 hours)
Science (9 hours including at least one course with a substantial laboratory component)
II. Major Requirements: 64 hours
Major Preparatory Courses (18 hours)
STAT 3360 Probability and Statistics for Management and Economics
or OPRE 3360 Managerial Methods in Decision Making Under Uncertainty
Major Core Courses (25 hours)
MKT 3100 Professional Development
BCOM 4350 Advanced Business Communication
FIN 3320 Business Finance
MIS 3300 Introduction to Management Information Systems
OPRE 3310 Operations Management
OBHR 3310 Organizational Behavior
MKT 3300 Principles of Marketing
BPS 4305 Strategic Management
IMS 3310 International Business
Major Related Courses (12 hours)
MKT 3340 Marketing Research
MKT 3320 Product and Brand Management
MKT 3330 Introduction to Professional Selling
MKT 4380 Capstone Course in Marketing
Guided Electives (9 hours)
Three hours to be selected from:
Six hours to be selected from:
MKT 4340, MKT 4330, MKT 4321, MKT 4350, ENTP 3301, IMS 4325, MKT 4351, MKT 4360, MKT 4322, MKT 4333, BA 4199, BA 4299, MKT 4V90, MKT 4V93, ECON 3310, MIS 4352, IMS 4320, IMS 4373, IMS 4310, ENTP 3301.
III. Elective Requirements: 14 hours
Free Electives (14 hours)
Both lower- and upper-division courses may count as electives but students must complete at least 51 hours of upper-division courses to qualify for graduation. JSOM freshman are required to take BA 1100 Business Basics.
1. Curriculum Requirements can be fulfilled by other approved courses from accredited institutions of higher education. The courses listed in parentheses are recommended as the most efficient way to satisfy both Core Curriculum and Major Requirements at UT Dallas.
2. Indicates a prerequisite class to be completed before enrolling for upper-division classes.
3. A required Major course that also fulfills a Core Curriculum requirement. Hours are counted in Core Curriculum.
4. Students may elect to substitute MATH 2413 and MATH 2414 or MATH 2417 and MATH 2419.
5. Students may substitute MATH 2418 or CS 2305.