Naveen Jindal School of Management
Bachelor of Science in Global Business
Degree Requirements (120 semester credit hours)1
A minimum of 9 semester credit hours must be earned during a semester of study abroad. Any 9 semester credit hours from the degree plan may be chosen, however, students should be aware that study abroad courses are subject to a pre-approval process to ensure transferability.2
I. Core Curriculum Requirements: 42 semester credit hours3
Communication: 6 semester credit hours
Mathematics: 3 semester credit hours
Life and Physical Sciences: 6 semester credit hours
Language, Philosophy and Culture: 3 semester credit hours
Creative Arts: 3 semester credit hours
American History: 6 semester credit hours
Government / Political Science: 6 semester credit hours
Social and Behavioral Sciences: 3 semester credit hours
Component Area Option: 6 semester credit hours
II. Major Requirements: 73 semester credit hours
Major Preparatory Courses: 15 semester credit hours
Major Core Courses: 28 semester credit hours
Major Related Courses: 18 semester credit hours
Guided Electives: 12 semester credit hours
Select 12 semester credit hours from one of the following tracks:
Global Business Track
Supply Chain Management Track
Innovation & Entrepreneurship Track
Any 3 (9 semester credit hours of the following)
International Political Economy Track
III. Elective Requirements: 5 semester credit hours
Free Electives: 5 semester credit hours
Both lower- and upper-division courses may count as electives but students must complete at least 51 semester credit hours of upper-division courses to qualify for graduation.
JSOM freshmen are required to take BA 1100 Business Basics.
Each student is expected to complete a minimum of 160 hours of business-related work to fulfill the JSOM professional practicum requirement.
- Incoming freshmen must complete and pass UNIV 1010 Freshman Seminar and the corresponding school-related freshman seminar course. Students, including transfer students, who complete their core curriculum at UT Dallas must take UNIV 2020.
- Students with non-academic obligations (for example, full time jobs) who cannot study abroad for an entire semester may request a waiver to substitute 6 semester credit hours of faculty led study trips (IMS 3V91, IMS 3V92, IMS 3V93, IMS 3V94, IMS 3V95, IMS 3V96). An international internship may also be substituted for the semester of study abroad.
- Curriculum Requirements can be fulfilled by other approved courses from accredited institutions of higher education. The courses listed are recommended as the most efficient way to satisfy both Core Curriculum and Major Requirements at UT Dallas.
- Indicates a prerequisite class to be completed before enrolling for upper-division classes.
- A required Major course that also fulfills a Core Curriculum requirement. Semester credit hours are counted in Core Curriculum.
- Students may elect to substitute MATH 2413 and MATH 2414 or MATH 2417 and MATH 2419.
- Students may substitute MATH 2418 or CS 2305.