Naveen Jindal School of Management
Bachelor of Science in Global Business
Degree Requirements (120 semester credit hours)
A minimum of 9 semester credit hours must be earned during a semester of study abroad. Any 9 semester credit hours from the degree plan may be chosen, however, students should be aware that study abroad courses are subject to a pre-approval process to ensure transferability.
I. Core Curriculum Requirements1: 42 semester credit hours
Communication (6 semester credit hours)
Social and Behavioral Sciences (15 semester credit hours)
Humanities and Fine Arts (6 semester credit hours)
Mathematics and Quantitative Reasoning: (6 semester credit hours)
Science (9 semester credit hours including at least one course with a substantial laboratory component)
II. Major Requirements: 72 semester credit hours
Major Preparatory Courses (18 semester credit hours)
Major Core Courses (25 semester credit hours)
Major Related Courses (18 semester credit hours)
Guided Electives (11 semester credit hours)
Nine semester credit hours to be selected from IMS 4310, ENTP 4311, OBHR 4310, OBHR 4352, FIN 3350, OPRE 3320, IMS 4320, IMS 4334, IMS 3V9x series, IMS 4325, IMS 4V90, OPRE 4350, BA 4199, BA 4299, GEOG 3370, ECON 4366.
Students interested in an International Political Economy Track may choose from the following:
III. Elective Requirements: 6 semester credit hours
Advanced Electives (6 semester credit hours)
All students are required to take at least six semester credit hours of advanced electives outside their major field of study. These must be either upper-division classes or lower-division classes that have prerequisites. This may be satisfied by six semester credit hours of the same foreign language (Three semester credit hours may be chosen from BCOM 3320, BCOM 3321, BCOM 3322, or BCOM 3323).
Free Electives (6 semester credit hours)
Both lower- and upper-division courses may count as electives but students must complete at least 51 semester credit hours of upper-division credit to qualify for graduation. JSOM freshman are required to take BA 1100 Business Basics.
- Curriculum Requirements can be fulfilled by other approved courses from accredited institutions of higher education. The courses listed in parentheses are recommended as the most efficient way to satisfy both Core Curriculum and Major Requirements at UT Dallas.
- Indicates a prerequisite class to be completed before enrolling for upper-division classes.
- A required Major course that also fulfills a Core Curriculum requirement. Semester credit hours are counted in Core Curriculum.
- Students may elect to substitute MATH 2413 and MATH 2414 or MATH 2417 and MATH 2419.
- Students may substitute MATH 2418 or CS 2305.